Thursday, March 5, 2009

jimmy fallon

I never ever liked the news portion of Saturday Night Live until Jimmy Fallon started hosting it with Tina Fey. He was definitely my favorite cast member ever, except maybe for Tina Fey.

SO you can imagine how excited I was when I learned he was to take over hosting Late Night. And then you can imagine how much I was looking forward to his first show on Monday. I DVRd it and watched it on Tuesday afternoon.

What did I think? I was disappointed. Watching most of it was really, really uncomfortable. You know what I mean? I wanted to fast forward because it was so uncomfortable to watch. I really liked the intro theme song, the set was so-so, the monologue didn't seem to go that well, the licking game was ridiculous, the "interview" and skit with Robert DeNiro were both awful, Justin Timberlake picked things up a bit (the two seemed to have a good repertoire), and the Van Morrison performance didn't change my opinion of anything else that had happened.

I don't remember much of Conan's start except that he had Andy, but I assume he wasn't as great as he was in the end.. so all I can do is hope that with time Jimmy will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment