Sunday, February 22, 2009

how to promote your band

You can promote your band by having Apple showcase your song (Shut Up And Let Me Go). Or you can play a song on Yo Gabba Gabba (Happy Birthday).

I heard The Ting Tings on the Apple commercial awhile ago and I thought about buying the song, but I decided I didn't like it that much. Then while watching an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba with my daughter a few days ago, a kind of catchy rendition of "Happy Birthday" came on. Who was singing this? The Ting Tings. And that's why I ended up buying "We Started Nothing" on Friday, even though that song isn't even on the cd. (But it IS on itunes, so I plan to get that one as well.)

"That's Not My Name" is the song I'm liking the best on the cd so far, but I actually didn't get to listen to the entire thing yet. I bought it at Best Buy and only listened to it as far as it took me to drive home. 

I would have bought this cd at Newbury Comics since they are sort of my local independent music store, but when I checked the prices online, Best Buy won out by two dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment