Saturday, February 28, 2009

daughter is beautiful

Daughter and I went out to buy husband/daddy some birthday cards on Thursday. For some reason the card store was way too hot and after a few minutes daughter had had enough of it. I took off her hat and then her socks.. she seemed amused by that and quieted down.. even smiled.

When we got to the back of the store, one of the women working came up to us and told me how beautiful daughter was. I already know this of course, but I said "thank you". She went on and on about how beautiful she was ("the cutest baby to come into the store"), how round her face was, commented on her cheeks and asked what she was "hiding in there", etc. It was nice to hear. Daughter smiled widely and sucked on her fingers.

Circuit City is going out of business. I went to one of their stores today- a woman there also wanted to tell me how beautiful daughter was- several times. Not only that, but she also told me I looked good (after she asked how old daughter was). Then we briefly commented on the lack of sleep one gets during constant baby feedings.

No comments:

Post a Comment