Saturday, May 16, 2009

more on mother's day

If you want to know more about why my mother's day was the "worst mother's day ever"- I will elaborate only a little.

I got a card "from" my daughter and a framed picture of her. I tried to explain to my husband how much this first mother's day meant to me and how much I had been looking forward to it (and maybe a little show of appreciation for all I do and all I went through to bring said daughter into the world). The response I got made me more sad. So..

I took my daughter to the park and we watched the ducks for a little while, but it was a little too windy and we left. The woman at the drive thru at the bagel place (where I got my breakfast from) was the only person that day to wish me a happy mother's day.

Etc.

However, my parents sent me a card. And there cards from my grandmother and sister (and her family) waiting for me at the post office on Monday.. and that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment